<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 31, 2004

Life After Large Corporations 

One of my recent posts “The End of Corporations” has generated some traffic and apparently a fair interest among readers. People seem to agree that the large corporation model does not suit well with the knowledge economy. Now what? Should we help making it happen faster? How can people get ready for that?

My opinion is that large corporations are facing their extinction because they can’t adapt fast enough to their new environment. Darwinian? Yes. That’s usually a good approach in economics. Corporate dinosaurs will get their ice age (or asteroid if you prefer) and tinier creatures may be a better fit for the new knowledge environment.

I am still trying to organize my ideas about whether we should be promoting the death of corporations and about how we can help people prepare for what is coming. My first impression is that the new paradigm is coming fast enough and I’m not sure people will have enough time to get ready.

Anyhow it’s going to be the subject of my next post.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?